If you want to lay linoleum yourself, you must.
one. Remove all furniture from the room. It is advisable to replace the old skirting board with a new one. To do this, it must be torn off the surface.
2. If the surface of the old linoleum is flat, it is quite possible to lay a new coating on the old one. In this case, the floor will be warmer and softer. If the old layer of linoleum needs to be taken, the base of the floor must be well leveled.
3. Next, you need to know the dimensions of the room. It will be good if you make a drawing on paper, where doorways, radiators and heating pipes will be visible, as well as the length and width of the room. This will facilitate the task when calculating the required number of meters when buying linoleum.
four. If you buy linoleum in a store, sales assistants will professionally help you in choosing a floor covering, and can also cut it to your individual sizes.
5. The most common width of linoleum is 4, 3.5 and 2.5 meters. The best option would be to lay the coating without seams, so try to get linoleum that can be laid in one piece.
6. Roll out the purchased linoleum on the floor and cut off the extra centimeters. If you have several separate parts, arrange them as needed. Leave the coating on for a few days to straighten it out. Trim it if necessary (dimensions may increase).
7. Between the wall and the linoleum, it is necessary to leave 1 – 1.5 centimeters of a gap, then after installing the plinth, the linoleum will be perfectly even. The gap after being closed with a plinth.
eight. If the linoleum will lie in one piece and the room is small (up to 20 m2), you can do without gluing the surfaces. Skirting board will perfectly press linoleum. You can glue only at the threshold.
If there are several pieces and the area of \u200b\u200bthe room is large, you need to glue.
9. We spread the coating with glue with a special comb for linoleum. Slowly, we press it well to the floor. It’s easier to do it all together.
ten. Installing the plinth.
If you are interested in cool music for mobile, please visit the site where you can find useful information.